[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_column_text]We all know a regular massage is the staple appointment in our diary, right? But there are more reasons than you think to make this practice a non-negotiable one. Here’s 5 of my reasons why a regular massage is good for your mental health and your physical health.
1. Safe touch – we live in such a clinical world where political correctness threatens to desensitise our human-ness. Receiving touch in a safe and professional environment restores our deeper connection with each other as people and provides emotional balance.
2. Stress, anxiety and depression – our mental health has never been so challenged as it is in today’s society. A regular massage reduces cortisol and adrenaline, as well as increases serotonin and dopamine to reduce anxiety, depression and stress.
3. Not just a luxury – there is no need to feel indulgent and frivolous when receiving a massage. As a simple and basic tool to manage our own physical, mental and spiritual health, a massage is not a guilty pleasure – it’s a means for our overall wellbeing.
4. #customisedmassage – diving straight into a regular massage practice with no prior experience can sometimes add to the stress component you are actually trying to reduce! That’s where a trained massage therapist will do more for your healing than you think.
They will tailor a massage therapy session with attention to lighting (not too dark not too bright), sound (soft music no loud bells) and the length of your session (the first one is only short). It’s GOT to feel safe. Plus, they want you to come back!
5. Confidentiality – you know the part where I said it’s got to feel safe? This is another aspect.
Your massage therapist understands all about confidentiality. While they are not a counsellor or psychologist and will not offer specific advice, they are more than capable of listening. And the best part of this? No judgement.
Your appointment is just that – yours. It’s all about you and making your experience the best it can be so it will become a vital part of your wellness schedule.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_row_inner][vc_column_inner][vc_column_text]